ACTS in the News
Recent Press Coverage
- CLICK HERE for recent blog posts from ACTS Housing’s team and families.
- From Blight to Bought: Battling Crime and Poverty via Homeownership, Philanthropy Roundtable, Jan. 2018
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
It’s time that homeownership becomes part of the conversation about revitalizing and transforming central cities.
ACTS Housing Helps First Time Home Buyers
Meet the Need: ACTS
— Jül Inbound Agency (@julcreative) March 9, 2016
— Kelly Savage (@SF_KellySavage) January 7, 2016
— Journal Sentinel (@journalsentinel) December 26, 2015
— ACTS Housing (@ACTSHousing) November 5, 2015
Guests dine at 400-foot table to raise money for ACTS Housing: Slideshow, Milwaukee Business Journal, August 5, 2018
Milwaukee man recognized for becoming homeowner at 72-years-old, TMJ4, August 2, 2018
ACTS Professional Women’s Tour demonstrates ’empowerment through homeownership’, Milwaukee Business Journal, July 10, 2018
Impact100 awards $100,000 to ACTS Housing, IMPACT and Down Syndrome Association, BizTimes, June 8, 2018
More Than 100 People Convened At ACTS Housing For First-Ever Open House, Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, May 3, 2018
The Racial Gap in Homeownership, Urban Milwaukee, May 1, 2018
Mayor’s Housing Plan Could Help Integrate Milwaukee, Advocates Say, Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, March 2, 2018
ACTS Housing To Engage Homeowners, Homebuyers with First-Ever Open House, Milwaukee Community Journal, April 25, 2018
Barrett Announces Campaign for Affordable Housing, CBS 58/Telemundo WI, February 26, 2018
- City’s Fair and Affordable Housing Crisis in the Spotlight, Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, Nov. 2017
- Experts Share Ideas About Solving Milwaukee’s Affordable Housing Crisis, Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, Nov. 2017
- Ocwen CEO Hosts Eighth Annual Advocacy and Policy Forum, Business Insider, Oct. 2017
- Housing Social Enterprise Raises $170,000 to support homeownership programs, Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, Oct. 2017
- Social Enterprise Event Raises $170k for Milwaukee Homeownership, Milwaukee Independent, Oct. 2017
- (Photos) ACTS Housing’s Longest Neighborhood Table Fundraiser, BizTimes, Oct. 2017
- Low Income Households in Milwaukee Squeezed by Rents, Journal Sentinel, Sept. 2017
- The Joys of Homeownership, Stand Together, May 2017
- Rescuing Neighborhoods from Foreclosure, Shepherd Express, May 2017
- Steinhafel’s Goes Behind the Scenes, OnMilwaukee, April 2017
- ‘Force of nature’ Blia Cha retires from ACTS Housing, Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, March 2017
- From Refugee to Real Estate Dynamo, Journal Sentinel, March 2017
- How to buy government-owned housing, TMJ4, January 2017
- Programa Ayuda a Personas en Convertirse en Dueños de Casa, Telemundo Wisconsin, January 2017
- $500 Steinhafels gift cards go a long way for contest winners, OnMilwaukee, January 2017
- Esperanza’s Story: from tax-foreclosed house to well-loved home, Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, December 2016
- Gosman: Homeownership is one solution to housing crisis, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, October 2016
- Steinhafel’s & ACTS Housing Instagram Contest, OnMilwaukee, October 2016
- Rejuvinating Milwaukee Neighborhoods one Family at a Time thanks to CBS 58, August 2016
- Check Out our recent Catalyst Feature thanks to Stand Together
- ACTS recognized as effective in combating economic inequality by the Philanthropy Roundtable, Summer 2016
- Associated Bank partners with ACTS Housing Milwaukee Courier, July 2016
- Associated Bank Contribution helps 6 ACTS Families Milwaukee Business Journal, July 2016
- Northwestern Mutual supports Milwaukee Community Journal Sentinel, June, 2016
- One Home at a Time, State Farm features ACTS Homeowner Madee, May, 2016
- Organization Recognized for helping renters become first time homeowners TMJ4 April, 2016
- MANDI Awards Announced, Onmilwaukee, March 2016
- ACTS wins a MANDI in the PNC Trailblazer category, Milwaukee Community Journal, March 2016
- ACTS announced as a MANDI Finalist, BizTimes, February 2016
- On the Move – Milennials are buying homes – Milwaukee Magazine features ACTS Homeowner Madee, February, 2016
- ACTS Housing stabilizes homeownership – a feature from the Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, February, 2016
- The Morning Blend – Delivers coffee and learns about ACTS Housing, February, 2016
- Frank talk about Milwaukee’s foreclosure crisis – Urban Milwaukee, November 13, 2014
- Some Hopeful Perspective on Foreclosures and Abandoned Homes– Marquette University Law School Faculty Blog, November 12, 2014
- City program could sell homes for $1 – Urban Milwaukee, October 28, 2014
- RICH program supports home ownership as city expands revitalization efforts – Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, October 27, 2014
- Foreclosure raffle finds eager buyers – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, August 23, 2014
- Sen. Ron Johnson applauds sweat equity program for distressed homes – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, August 4, 2014
- A Different American dream for many millennials (but not all) – Business Journal, July 3, 2014
- Northwestern Mutual gives $2 million in nonprofit grants – BizTimes, June 25, 2014
- In Defense of Milwaukee – Urban Milwaukee, June 10, 2014
- Zombie homes plague Milwaukee neighborhoods – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, May 25, 2014
- ACT Housing receives a $50,000 grant – BizTimes, May 2, 2014
- Milwaukee gets help dealing with ongoing foreclosure crisis – Fox6, May 1, 2014
- ACTS Housing gets another $50,000 for foreclosures – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, May 1, 2014
- City and ACTS Join Forces to Address the Foreclosure Crisis – Milwaukee Times, April 24, 2014
- Milwaukee, ACTS seal deal to sell 156 foreclosed houses – Business Journal, April 18, 2014
- The Vivas family has a new home – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, April 11, 2014
- City gives $200k to local organization to fight foreclosure crisis – CBS 58, April 11, 2014
- Milwaukee struggles to get ahead on foreclosures – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, April 5, 2014
- Milwaukee OKs plan to sell foreclosures – Business Journal, April 2, 2014
- Milwaukee may tap ACTS to sell 156 foreclosures in three years – Business Journal, March 26, 2014
- Panel backs plan to expand partnership with ACTS Housing – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, March 25, 2014
- Milwaukee pilot home sale project gets initial OK – Daily Reporter, March 25, 2014
- Mayor Barrett delivers State of the City Address – BizTimes, February 24, 2014
- ACTS Housing awarded contract with City of Milwaukee to provide home ownership counseling – Milwaukee Courier, February 23, 2014
- 40 Under 40 winners give advice on recruiting, retaining young professionals – Business Journal, February 21, 2014
- Carl Quindel: 40 Under 40 – Business Journal, February 21, 2014
- Wells Fargo donates $150,000 toward neighborhood revitalization – BizTimes, February 21, 2014
- ACTS’ Quindel dealing with foreclosures – Business Journal, February 20, 2014
- Grant to help rehab foreclosed properties – BizTimes, February 14, 2014
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation gives ACTS $100,000 to fight foreclosures – Business Journal, February 10, 2014
- Shocked raffle winner gets first chance to buy house for $3,500 – Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, October 15, 2013
- A raffle and a chance to own the home at 1212 S. 26th St. – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, October 11, 2013
- A good story about foreclosures in the city – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, October 7, 2013
- September, 2013: Organization makes the dream of home ownership a reality for local families on Today’s TMJ 4.
- New duplex is owner’s second blessing – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, July 13, 2013
- Milwaukee’s foreclosure effort needs private help – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, June 20, 2013
- May, 2013: ACTS Housing Helps First Time Home Buyers radio interview on 88.9 Radio Milwaukee.
- March, 2013: MANDI Cornerstone Award Finalist sponsored by BMO Harris Bank and LISC – Milwaukee.
- February, 2013: ACTS’ Quindel dealing with foreclosures: CRE Guide – Take 5 in the Milwaukee Business Journal.
- ACTS helps build ownership, rebuild homes – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, December 30, 2012
- ACTS Housing perennial leader in homeownership – Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service, December 23, 2012
- December, 2012: ACTS Housing ‘perennial leader’ in homeownership in the Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service.
- December, 2012: ACTS helps build ownership, rebuild homes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- December, 2012: Finalists announced for 14th annual MANDIs in the Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service.
- August, 2011: For an interview with ACTS St. Rafael Neighborhood Program staff and a recent ACTS homeowner in a special edition of Buscando Soluciones by Telemundo Wisconsin click here.
- March, 2012: For a recent article on ACTS’ Washington Park collaborative work in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel click here.
- January, 2012: For an announcement on Telemundo Wisconsin of a $7,000 City-tax foreclosed property sale click here.
- December, 2010: For a recent article in the Faces of Hope section of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel click here.
- December, 2010: To read a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article about our Wells Fargo-funded, collaborative work in the Walnut Way and Lindsay Heights neighborhoods click here.
- November, 2010: To listen to the 88.9 Radio Milwaukee interview with ACTS click here.