How do we acquire 100 homes annually?
Acts Homes acquires single-family and duplex properties from a variety of sources including private owners, estate disbursements, City foreclosures, Bank foreclosures, real estate agents/MLS, and from landlords. All homes acquired by Acts Homes will be sold to families and individuals with low-to-moderate income (LMI) and who have prepared for homeownership by completing homebuyer education.
A few of the goals of Acts Homes include:
- Expand the inventory of affordable homes available for owner-occupancy
- Acquire 100 homes per year
- On average, sell homes to families with purchase prices in the $125,000-$150,000 range
If you are interested in selling a property to Acts Homes, please call 414-933-2215 or email email@example.com.
Home Acquisition Criteria
There are a few straightforward criteria that Acts Homes must adhere to when assessing a property for acquisition:
- Must be located in Milwaukee County or Rock County
- 1900-year build or newer
- 900 square feet (minimum)
- 2 bedroom, 1 bath (minimum)
- No fieldstone basements
- Must not be located in a floodplain
The evaluation and purchase process for individual property sales is fairly simple:
- Submit property to Acts Homes
- If the property meets criteria, Acts Homes will contact you to schedule a walk-through
- Acts Homes walks through (in person) to develop a repair estimate
- Acts Homes reviews pricing factors to decide whether an offer will be made on the property
- If an offer is made and accepted by the seller, a closing date is scheduled
Pricing and Offers
Acts Homes will provide competitive, cash offers on single-family homes and duplexes that fit the needs of low-to-moderate income (LMI) owner-occupants. Sellers of unoccupied properties can anticipate a 15-day turnaround from accepted offer to purchase to closing, and 30 days for properties with tenants.
Our pricing model follows similar models used by investors and is based on a calculation including the asking price, market value or after-repair value of the home, and a comparable market analysis.
Acts Homes has the capability and capacity to quickly assess portfolios of properties for sale by landlords and wholesalers. Ideally, we are acquiring portfolios of 3-10 single-family homes and duplexes in one transaction. Properties can have tenants at the time of sale, and Acts Homes will honor existing lease agreements.
If you are interested in selling a portfolio of properties to Acts Homes, please contact Dorothy York, VP of Real Estate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-727-5441.
Donate a home
Acts Homes can accept property donations based on the property fitting the acquisition criteria and one of the following:
- Anticipated to generate a profit for Acts
- Property is located in a target area for an Acts funder
- Property location helps a neighborhood revitalization effort
- Property fits the unique needs of an Acts family